Monday, January 02, 2006

When two gerunds love each other very much...

I'm not really sure what this blog is supposed to be about. I think this is because for once I don't really have any paradoxes or mental quagmires occupying my thoughts. In the midst of my near-constant pondering I have wondered what it would be like if I wasn't obsessively thinking through my past experiences or evaluating the merits of divergent philosophies. I think somehow my brain is taking a breather. It's still working full-time just not overtime for the moment. It's strangely refreshing or rather refreshing, but strange because I'm not used to it. I went to a party for New Year's and had a pretty good time. We played games, talked, and I wrote haikus with fridge magnets, typical stuff. Luckily a friend of mine received the college and genius editions of the fridge magnets. I'm jealous. How am I supposed to compete when she has words like elucidate, ersatz, amalgam, and let's not forget Kafkaesque. The haiku I can remember went like this:

to elucidate
is a vapid endeavor
the mind is arid

I think the other one was:

language languishes
as droll usurps pithy thought
question the banal

Oh, by the way, I changed my description of the blog just under the title. Actually, I've changed it four or five times with no comment so I thought people should be aware it is subject to change, as are most things in life.

8 comments:

Angie said...

...a little baby gerund is born. Also precious. I, too, have changed the description of my blog about four times with no comment from anyone. I enjoyed the discussions about The Tic at the New Year's party. You and Will-I-Am kept me entertained. Thanks. :)

Russ said...

On the Buick-Cumquat scale, this post merits mad eutoia.

frogkisser said...

I have noticed changes in both of your descriptions and have enjoyed them!:)

Angie said...

thanks frogkisser :)

Something McSomethingkins said...

Is a full word born? For a fraction of a second I thought "gerund" was the Norwegian way of saying "garder belt." But only for a fraction. My magnets are to be coveted. Your haiku's were to be commended. I think they may still be there, although people like to move and use them. Then again, I think you're one of the few who knows what many of these words mean.

Angie said...

True dat. The only sentence I could write that actually made any sense was "She is delightfully busty." Those are the only words I understood. Still, it did make a rather exciting sentence if I do say so myself. I think I also wrote "When can I sleep off this pizza". When indeed.

frogkisser said...

What about the crazy bread? We ate too much....

Angie said...

That's the story of my life. I was so unbelievably hungry though. I should've started with the bag of crazy bread instead of the two pieces of pizza. That way I don't think I would've eaten the pizza at all. Crap...It was good crazy bread though.