Thursday, January 05, 2006

I've decided to make sense

I've decided there is absolutely no point in using the Brekkjern pseudonym. Anyone who reads my blog knows me anyways so what is the point? Maybe it was just general paranoia with the internet that made me create a pseudonym or maybe it was peer pressure. Either way I've put all of that behind me now. I don't think it has ever been helpful and occasionally been annoying. After all, one of the things I try to cultivate within myself is being open with other people so the pseudonym seems counterproductive. Not that everything I do needs to make sense, but it usually helps. I currently enjoy video games and cartoons that by and large make limited to no sense. Though, if I wanted to stretch, I could say that they serve a logical need in that they entertain me.

It's late and all I really wanted to do was use my name to post things so there it is.

My name is Aaron Thompson and I'm a recovering elitist. It's been three days since I last struck a haughty pose or made a snide remark.

(Support Group) Hi Aaron.

10 comments:

Russ said...

Why make sense when you could be making dollars?!! Come and sell expensive but useless objects to people who don't need them and can't afford them if they did! Make upwards of minimum wage while working in beautiful "Elsewhere"! Visit our website at www.vampireleachsales.com!!

Sorry. It started out as a stupid play on words and ended up in an angry tirade. Like most of my social interactions.

frogkisser said...

Mystery is the salt of life.

Aaron said...

Ah but I'm more interest in...uh irony and quirkiness, which are the sugar and cinnamon of life. Besides Americans eat too much sodium anyways and it promotes kidney stone formation; not like parade formation for kidney stones, but creation of kidney stones. Trust me it's a bad thing.

Ronnie said...

WHAT!?!? You're Aaron Thompson!! I had no idea!!!

bec said...

yeah, I don't know who anyone is. I'm glad you admitted your true identity. I think I would have used a fake name but I couldn't think of one.

Stefani said...

I almost feel deceived. And I think for a while you should go by "Aaron-formerly-known-as-Brekkjern" to help everyone transition better.

Aaron said...

Or perhaps to be most accurate I could go by He-who-is-now-known-as-Aaron-who-was-known-as-Brekkjern-who-was-to-begin-with-Aaron.

vox said...

Making sense is the best idea ever, but psuedonyms are cool sometimes. I have this friend, though, who gets really carried away with it, so sometimes I'm afraid that he has mutiple personalities... actually, now that I think of it, he does. Anyway, I'm totally into the sugar and cinnamon of life, too. And hot chocolate with cinnamon is the best. Thanks for your comments on my blog. :)

vox said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
vox said...

but I also agree with frogkisser, mystery is so wonderful and... mysterious