Monday, January 23, 2006

Just some stuff

So my internet connection hasn't been working since Thursday and neither has my phone. I spent a fair amount of time cursing Comcast in the last few days. Of course by this I mean I've been saying "Curse you, Comcast!" every time I pass the phone. My connection is finally back and I hope it stays that way.

I got a call about a week and a half ago from the local Smith's. One of the guys at the photo lab informed me that they had a roll of film for me from October. Despite his best attempts I could tell he was somewhat disgusted with my negligence. I finally went to pick it up on Saturday and discovered that 35 out of the 40 pictures on the roll were from my mission. Yeah, so that makes the pictures just over a year and a half old. Two of the recent five pictures were from when we duct-taped Christie to the wall for FHE. In case you've been waiting in suspense they came out pretty badly. Maybe that has something to do with the film being old? Who knows?

On an unrelated note, my brother ended up with an extra TV and so our apartment now has one. I was reluctant at first, but in the end the ability to watch Teen Titans outweighed my concerns and I acquiesced. I catch the 7:30am episode every weekday before going in to work. I've heard lots of recommendations for shows like 24 and the like, but I think I'll just stick with Teen Titans. After hearing multiple stories of how people are hooked or addicted to other shows I've decided I have enough addictions already.

This one's for Russ. So while I can't say for the moment that I like chick flicks, I can't deny I like sappy movies. I blame it on Clark's influence. We watched the Disney Channel's High School Musical. I liked it. I think movies like it are kind of like candy. You just can't think about what you're taking in, just relax and enjoy. I think I've come to enjoy the ridiculous in various forms. Maybe, I'm lightening up.


6 comments:

chrishley said...

then the picture really does exist! Huzzah! Ashley and I used to make fun of Teen Titans. And I also have WAY too many addictions already to get started on anymore. It's like they rule my life or something.

Something McSomethingkins said...

I'm starting to ween myself off of uneccesary evil tv addictions, which is one of the reasons I've refused to watch 24 as well. Everyone I know is addicted to that it seems. I do like Teen Titans, though I watch it not all that often. One of the joys of having nieces and nephews is that you can watch that stuff with them and less people question why you're watching it in the first place. I also agree with the candy on Disney Channel, which requires no thought. Then again, no one could not enjoy that kind of stuff while watching it with Clark. I'll bet he was as amusing to watch as the show, which I can imagine given past experience.

frogkisser said...

I LOVE THE DISNEY CHANNEL!!!!! Phil of the Future is the best show ever!!! Melissa and I have plans to watch High School Musical this evening. We are pretty excited.
I watch far too much tv. I blame it on the ease of TiVo. Blast that machine! I tried to stay away from 24 to no avail. I am now hooked. But, I am only on season 2, so I have a while before I can start watching the ones from this season.

frogkisser said...

High School Musical was super fabulous btw.

Angie said...

Oh no!! Will this High School Musical nonsense never stop!?! It's taking over the world! I must concur with Frogkisser about the Phil of the Future thing...actually I had a dream about the kid from that show last night. Yesterday was his birthday. He's like 11 days older than me. :)

Something McSomethingkins said...

In your dream, or do you actually know that in real life?