Friday, December 09, 2005

A quirk of my brain and more inane zombie dialogue

So I've realized something about myself over the years. My brain is a lazy overachiever. I don't know how many times I've thought through a problem only to forget the solution. Then later I stress thinking about the same problem and start getting a feeling of deja vu. Finally I remember my previous solution and shake my head in disbelief. My only conclusion is that my brain is so proud of itself when I actually come up with a solution that it has to remind me how smart it's been twice. I figure this is intended to make me more forgiving of it when it comes across difficult questions and simply can't focus. Now for instance I am really tired, but I have to stay up to hear from someone. On a totally unrelated note I met a girl tonight with the same name as one of my nieces. It was one of those things where I wondered how weird it would be to be involved with or marry someone with a name of someone else in your life. Honestly I don't know if I could marry a girl named Erin, that would just be too weird. Marrying a girl with your mother's name...gross. I think there is far more connected to names than we often realize. I've noticed that if I only know one person named "Howard" for instance I will assume future Howards I meet are somewhat similar. Or if I was spurned by a girl named "Gertrude" I would not likely pursue other Gertrudes, perhaps for the best. It isn't smart or witty, but it is....uh done. I should never post when I'm tired.

6 comments:

frogkisser said...

Tired posts are the best! Sadly, your tired posts are much more coherent than anything that I have written in my entire life!

Aaron said...

If it makes you feel any better, I wrote a completely different post first. I deleted it and wrote this a few minutes later when I was slightly more awake.

frogkisser said...

No. That doesn't really help.

Ronnie said...

Dang it! No typos.

Something McSomethingkins said...

My sister Lee married a guy named Leigh. It's confusing, mainly because we're too lazy to start refering to her as "Leeann." I do the same thing with problems though. But I'm pretty sure it's chalked more up to my brain spiting me for having to think up the solution in the first place. Otherwise I enjoy certain problems too much and become so narrowly focused that my memory feels it needs to get rid of everything else I've learned up to that point to make infinite room for the one new problem I'm concentrating on.

Ashley said...

You really have to watch out for those Gertrudes...