Monday, November 28, 2005

Homework ad nauseum

Finals are fast approaching and as well all know that means lots more suffering. You know they have scriptures about the devil rejoicing/laughing/something-like-that over bad choices we make and the resultant suffering. I am pretty sure he gets some kicks out of finals. It also explains why law students (constantly studying or needing to and consequently suffering) that eventually become lawyers feel it only natural to consult with the Prince of Darkness. Therefore it should come as no surprise when we find the two connected; it is a connection of mutual pain, oh and that whole subtle to blatant disregard to the truth. But I digress. I myself will not be part of the fellowship of suffering as I have only two finals this semester, sociology and biology. Sociology I like; biology I hate. So I suppose I will have to make token sacrifices at the altar of academia, but only small tokens, not big ones. Last semester, I was waaay behind on these fourteen minute free writing exercises for my English class. Our teacher told us that we could make them up, so I did. I typed for seven hours solid, stopping only for two hasty meals. My writing was pretty much vomit standard quality by the end. I think it started at cumquat or paper clip standard quality, but eventually slid down the slippery slope that is academic apathy. So, the moral of the story is that we can procrastinate and still get end of the semester stuff done, but count on not only blood, sweat, and tears, but also some vomit should we be doing homework ad nauseum.

2 comments:

Ronnie said...

You speak truth, my palaverous friend.

Heidi said...

I will be SO glad when finals are over.