Monday, November 07, 2005

The best laid plans of mice and men...

So I am several semesters and credit hours deep into BYU. Somehow I find that this semester, as a junior, I have figured out what I want to major in. Communications with a Print Journalism emphasis and Sociology. Yeah, a double major. So I was pleased with my plan for a good month and a half before trouble started brewing. It turns out that one has to apply to the communication major and that it is rather difficult to get into if you already have over 75 credit hours, which of course I do. What's more you have to get a B or better in three different classes to even be considered. I got a B- in freshman English of all classes and that may be enough to dash my dreams against the jagged rocks of reality. I still want to major in Sociology, but not by itself. So I will be major hunting again. Of course, it also turns out that one has to apply to be able to do a double major so maybe I won't do sociology at all. I can't seem to get the logic of life figured out. The things I plan often don't work and the things that I decide, and do, on the spur of the moment work out more often than not. My guess at this point is that this is yet more proof I think too much.

5 comments:

Russ said...

Dreams dashed against the jagged rocks of reality, huh? Very poetic. And depressing.

I find that the problem with thinking too much is that my brain is pretty bad company. He invites himself over into my otherwise peachy life and then goes around like he runs the show. He's always trying to change things that I'm perfectly happy with the way they are. Really, my brain is like a bad in-law (not that I would know!). Listen here, buddy-- I'm in charge, so butt out.

Ronnie said...

Sociology. Have you had a class with Cardell Jacobsen?

Ronnie said...

And I hate Bloggrez. That guy's almost as bad as that dude named "anonymous". That dude's always commenting about something.

Aaron said...

No class with Cardell Jacobsen and yeah I was pretty pleased/depressed with the jagged rocks and dreams thing.

Russ said...

Nice title too, BTW. g2g. TTFN. Ha det?