Sunday, August 13, 2006

Changes in the Status Quo

Let me begin by saying that the rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated. With all the time I've had open between not having work or school I still haven't managed to write an entry until today. Anyway, as a general update I got a new job. I'll be working at the Utah State Hospital with the high school aged boys there who have behavioral or emotional issues. I'll essentially be the TA for my roommate Steve who is now starting his first year of teaching. It should be a good deal different from my recent jobs in that I'll be working with other people for a change. I'm still waiting for the transplant. It looks like it'll be a while yet.

I gave a talk today in church and remembered what I don't like about giving talks. Speaking in front of people isn't a real big deal anymore. No, the thing that bothers me is that after I sit down I immediately remember some four or five key points I managed to omit from my talk entirely. Oh well. Sorry this is such a lame post after so long, but at least it's a short lame post. I've written two other whole posts and just deleted them so this one at least made it to the blog, for what it's worth.

5 comments:

frogkisser said...

If the rumors of your death have been greatly exaggerated, wouldn't you have to be partially dead? We all know that partially dead is still slightly alive.

Aaron said...

Okay so I'm only slightly alive. So in other words I'm about two steps from Death's icy doorstep.

frogkisser said...

Mmmm.... icy doorstep. It is much too hot right now.

Something McSomethingkins said...

FK: Then lucky him to have a not so hot place to wait it out.

Aaron: I'm glad you're not dead...I think I started those rumors.

Angie said...

I'm jealous of your new job. I would LOVE to work with E.D. and B.D. high school kids. What a challenge. The naughty ones are my favorites.