Thursday, July 20, 2006

Sigh.....When Does That Life Stuff Happen

It's official, I'm painfully, woefully, and utterly bored. I was planning on skipping summer term and working fulltime. When the transplant stuff came up I figured I'd just have to give up on finding a new job and continue on at the library. I didn't think it would matter much because the transplant would be pretty soon. I've worked about ten hours in the last three weeks and, as of last Friday, I'm all caught up. I have no work to do at work. My boss won't be back for another week, which doesn't help matters.

So at this point, I have no school and three hours of work a week. I've watched TV, I've played my computer, I've read books, and I'm bored out of my skull. I'm thinking that I just need to quit and see if I can get some temp place to hire me. Since I still don't know when the operation is going to be, that's probably the only place that will hire me given I can't guarantee my availability for any real length of time. The worst thing is, with as little expected from me as possible you'd think I could take care of errands and such. I have a library book that is close to a month overdue, but somehow the less I need to do the less I do at all. It feels like my willpower has been in a cast and now it's all shriveled and weak. I hate waiting.

7 comments:

Something McSomethingkins said...

Come to South Jordan. We'll play tennis.

frogkisser said...

Hmmmmm. You could always come and call bingo at my work!:)

Aaron said...

I went into "work" today. I haven't been in since last Friday and there are at most ten new books. My co-worker would actually has work for me to do was of course not in. I was told he came in somewhat irregularly and mostly early. There are six people who are supposed to send work to me, seriously they should have more than enough work for me.

Ronnie said...

The grass is always greener...

Aaron said...

Point taken Ronnie, point taken.

Brett said...

I could always use a climber...(and Chicago is a blast! We're going to Six Flags tomorrow! Yeah!)

Something McSomethingkins said...

So did you die giving up your kidney? Because you seem to have dissapeared off of the face of the planet.