Sunday, July 09, 2006

Patting Myself on the Back and Kicking Myself in the Butt

So a friend of mine recently commented that she had been reading some of her old posts and realized her recent entries aren't "up to par". I just went back and read my favorite of my own posts Love is like the deacon two-step, not the waltz and realized my own writing has taken a similar slide. So, both because I have time, and because I think everyone needs a little creativity every day, I'm going to start free writing at least fourteen minutes a day. I once did free writes for seven hours straight to make up for half a semester of slacking so I figure a few minutes shouldn't be too hard. Here's hoping I can get back a little of that style that's bled out of my writing.

Bear in mind the link will take you to the post, but you'll need to scroll down a bit.

2 comments:

Something McSomethingkins said...

So where exactly is this free writing. Do we get to see any of it?

Aaron said...

Not really, no. I'm basically brainstorming for a book. I don't think I would really show anyone what I've written until it was, at the very least in book form. For now all I have is brain vomit on a page.