Saturday, May 20, 2006

Look and See How Clever I am

I've been doing this whole blogging bit for close to a year now and I think it's time I get back to my roots. When I started the blog, I admitted it was more than anything a way to see if I could impress people in a literary fashion. I'd like to think that I've had a decent post or two (bear in mind I said I'd like to think). In any event, yesterday was a reminder to me of the less than noble goal that started me writing.

I was visiting my parents and talking about Lincoln, the Civil War, and well cookies. My dad has this theory that a cookie only has half the calories when it is broken in half. Never mind the fact that he still eats both halves. He defended himself by saying that there was a method to his madness. I responded, "Just because there's method to your madness doesn't mean it's something other than madness." I was quite pleased with myself; I still am.

Something like this doesn't just happen though, no this took years of preparation. I remember that fateful day, so many years ago, that my brother told me, in reference to some less than cordial individuals, "It's all about mind over matter. I don't mind because they don't matter." Ahh, so good. I still smile every time I think about it. Some time later I was on my way to seminary when I noticed one of the school signs had been graffitied. Added to the list of items such as: no skateboards was no dumb people with a smiley face. That made my day. One of these days, I think I'll make myself some t-shirts or hats with such witticisms. As far as I can tell, Despair.com has a commanding influence on the disaffected masses, especially the college going variety, and I want a piece of the action.

5 comments:

Something McSomethingkins said...

I have myself started to enjoy making random t shirts with witicisms on them. Some might argue with my describing them as such (the random definitely outshines the witty by quite a bit), but we should combine forces.

I remember that sign. That was a great sign back in the day.

Aaron said...

Sounds good my only question is how will I know what a t-shirt looks like before it is actually made? I'm not familiar with the actual process to make the shirts.

Something McSomethingkins said...

It looks how you want it to look.

Aaron said...

So could you use something, for instance, straight from a pdf?

Something McSomethingkins said...

I plan on doing just that soon. Of course to do that without owning your own t shirt making accoutrements, you have to go through a company on the internet or something. I think it depends on how many shirts you'd order, but it'd probably be 15-20 or so dollars.