Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Nickled and Dimed

I have to say I really love and really hate the beginning of a new semester. There are lots of new people to meet, (in low effort, comfortable settings) and there are some classes I really enjoy. However, on the other side of things I just forked out about $2000 for tuition and for rent. Now, I realize most of you may be thinking "Hey that's not as much as I'm paying." Well this is probably true, but then who else has organized crime connections? Anyone....I thought not. Anyway, unless you are ridiculously wealthy two thousand dollars is a good chunk of money. Considering I am a poor student this is pretty much a crippling blow to any entertainment plans involving the use of money in some form. I am still waiting on my telephone adapter so we can use our internet connection for a telephone. Not having a phone for people to call me at, I have yet to apply for any jobs. This is very very bad. Not only does this mean I am not currently earning that most useful of social tokens, but I am also losing jobs to those who are not, shall we say, "phone impaired." These things and well some others have combined into a sort of stress time bomb. It's no longer a question of if I am going to snap, but rather when and what the resulting lawsuits will cost me.

1 comments:

frogkisser said...

Do you have a phone yet? How am I supposed to call you guys when I am in Provo? Clearly....