Monday, June 13, 2005

Call me Ishmael

Squitchy is a word near and dear to my heart. The first time I ever saw the word squitchy was in a first edition of Moby Dick. It is entirely possible that it is used in other editions but that's not the point. A painting in the book is described as being squitchy. It is also described as a sort of blackish-gray mass depicting a shipwreck as I recall. In the end I have an idea of what the word squitchy means but not a definitive answer. The closest I can come is that if a picture is squitchy it is the sort of thing that you have to squint and concentrate to figure out exactly what it is. I thought it appropriate. Chances are if you are reading this you know me already and I've shamelessly directed here in an attempt to wow you with my linguistic skills. After all girls like guys with skills, Bo staff, tetherball, or otherwise. As a suggestion, read each of these posts fully expecting to loathe and despise each and every word I write, then when you don't hate every word (for example, perhaps you're partial to pariah, delusional, or inconsequential) I've exceeded your expectations. So the moral of the story is set your sights low and you'll always hit the dirt you're aiming for. Thusly begins the blog, and yes, thusly is a word.

1 comments:

frogkisser said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I knew you would be good at this:)!