Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Summer, The Spring, and a Random Thing (or Two)

The end of the semester is near, so very near. Strangely with all my finals yet to be taken I'm not worried at all. I think it has something to do with my decision to fail that "Methods in Social Research" class early in the semester. I guess once I decided to fail on purpose, it's been hard to get worked up over the threat of doing mediocre in the classes I like. Soon that will all be over, at least for a day anyway, and then spring semester starts. I've never done spring or summer semester before though so I'm easing myself into it. My classes consist of: History of the English Language, Weightlifting, and Intro. Guitar. I think somehow I'll manage.

All of that is subject to change though. My sister-in-law needs a kidney transplant and I might be the donor. My brother wasn't a match so in all likelihood I won't be either, but you never know. I'll get the blood work done in a few weeks and find out. If I am compatible I'll be at home for about six to eight weeks while my body adjusts to using one kidney instead of two. I really hope that I do match. She needs the transplant and I can tell it's been worrying my brother since no blood relatives were matches. Additionally, I think it would be good for me to spend a few weeks feeling crappy. It'd be a good humbling experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you can be her donor. Good luck

Something McSomethingkins said...

I don't know, for some reason the thought of you failing Aaron...it makes me less stressed about my class. I mean, you're smart, and if you can fail it can happen to anyone.

I hope you're a donor match as well. It's nice to be able to have that big of an effect on someone's life, and I hope if you're not they'll find someone for her. How exactly do they determine that? Is it more than just blood type?

Aaron said...

It is more than boodtype, that much I know, but that's all I know.